A few reminders before the new term begins...
You should all be well underway with your research for your informative essays. Remember I will be expecting to see research notes for this essay...BEFORE you begin writing it...
Your allegories are now overdue - most people have either sent them to me or posted them on their blogs - unless we had a special arrangement for lateness I will be expecting any final allegories and author commentaries as soon as T2 begins...BTW - the allegories have on the whole been extremely good - I hope you have enjoyed reading each other's as much as I have enjoyed reading them all. I will have formal marks for you by the end of the first week of term.
Personalised book reports will be assigned in the first week of the term...we will conference on them first so have a few ideas in your head about where you might like to have your reading stretched to. I will have suggestions for you about where I think you should try challenging yourself.
We need to discuss together whether people want me to record their marks on their blogs or whether you would prefer to keep these private. I think there may be a number of privacy issues so have kept to just comments on your work to date. I also think that comments are more in line with what a blog is for but the topic is open to debate.
Finally, anyone who has not finished Animal Farm should consider doing so before the end of the first week of term - that way we can get focus questions and summaries complete and get on to the more interesting task of text response essay writing...
Hope you all had a very relaxing holiday - any queries about the above information - leave a comment and I'll clarify. See you all soon!!
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
miss- i personally wouldn't like to have my marks written on my blog. i would prefer to have them told to me privately. although you could maybe email my results to me or just give me the marks at school.
would you be able to write up a draft of the essay? i mainly just would like to see an example of the introduction.
Post a Comment